Kabul truck bomb also kills 2 media workers

KB JOURNALIST KILLEDKABUL: Two media workers were among those killed and seven others were injured in the massive truck bombing in capital Kabul on Wednesday morning.

An IT officer with Tolo TV and a driver with the BBC were killed in the deadly attack in the heart of Kabul, in which at least 80 people were killed and more than 300 wounded.

Another four journalists with the BBC, two with 1TV and one with Arya TV were injured in the incident that occurred in Wazir Akbar Khan area near several embassies, NATO headquarters and the Presidential Palace.

The Taliban had denied involvement in the attack and had denounced civilian deaths.

Lutfollah Najafizada, Tolo News head, told Pajhwok Afghan News an IT officer with his organization named Aziz Navin had been killed in the blast.

“Our contact with Navin cut off after the blast, I searched several hospitals, I finally found his body and transferred it to his home,” he said.

A BBC official, who wished to go unnamed, said a driver their office was killed and four other staff members were injured.

Hekmat Sapi, a freelance journalist with Pajhwok Afghan News, was also injured in the blast. He was taken to Jamhoriat Hospital and was discharged after treatment.

Khalil Noori, news manager at BBC, told the Afghanistan Independent Journalists Association that their four staff members had been injured in the attack. He named the injured as Hedayatullah Hamim, Tajuddin Surosh, Ayub Arwin and Abdullah Nizami.

The Ministry of Public Health had confirmed the death of 80 people and injuries to 350 others in the massive truck bombing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*