Pashtun leader Mehmud Khan Achakzai says:
PM Nawaz should sack officers of intelligence agencies if they fail to trace Quetta attack perpetrators.
Intelligence agencies are busy in gathering information about the activities of politicians while terrorists are free to move anywhere.
Our intelligence agencies failed to nab terrorists.
ISLAMABAD: Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP) chief Mahmood Khan Achakzai on Tuesday demanded from the prime minister to sack officers from the security and intelligence agencies if they fail to trace out the elements involved in the deadly Quetta attack.
“Nawaz Sharif should sack the concerned officers of the intelligence and security agencies if they are unable to trace-out the executors and masterminds of the attack in Quetta within a specified time,” said Achakzai while taking part in the National Assembly debate on Monday’s blast.
The PkMAP chief termed the Quetta attack an intelligence failure and demanded to fix the responsibility of the blast.
He asked the premier to “act as the real chief executive and take bold decisions”.
“Nawaz Sharif is chief executive of the country. He must order the security and intelligence agencies to hold an inquiry into the Quetta attack,” said Achakzai.
Achakzai alleged that intelligence agencies are busy in gathering information about the activities of politicians while terrorists are free to move anywhere.
‘Avoid fighting proxy wars of others’
The PkMAP chief said during the debate in the National Assembly that Pakistan should avoid fighting proxy wars of others on its soil.
Achakzai was of the view that the government should look into the failure of its own departments instead of blaming India’s Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) for terrorists attack in the country.
Other members of the NA from both the treasury and opposition benches also questioned the efficiency and performance of intelligence agencies.
Members of the house said terrorists are carrying out attacks in all parts of the country while the security agencies have failed in their duty.
Carnage in Quetta
At least 70 people were killed and over 100 injured after a suicide bomber struck the emergency ward of Quetta’s Civil Hospital, where scores of people had gathered to mourn the death of Balochistan Bar Association (BBA) president Bilal Anwar Kasi in a gun attack earlier in the day.
Witnesses present at the hospital at the time of the attack recall complete chaos at the site, with bodies lying on the ground amidst pools of blood and debris.
The attack was claimed by Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan splinter group Jamaatul Ahrar and the militant Islamic State group, but Balochistan Chief Minster Sanaullah Zehri hinted at the involvement of Indian spy agency RAW.
THE PASHTUN TIMES