8 killed, 15 injured in Jalalabad suicide bombing

JALABADJALALABAD: Eight people were killed and 15 others injured in a suicide attack in Jalalabad, the capital of eastern Nangarhar province, on Thursday, local officials said.

The blast happened at around 3:00pm in Campono area in the limits of the first municipality district in front of former Afghan Local Police Commander Shaikh Akram’s house.

Attaullah Khgyani, the governor’s spokesman, said six civilians were killed and eight others injured in the suicide assault

But Public Health Director Najibullah Kamawal said eight bodies and 15 injured had been shifted to the hospital from the site of blast so far.

Deputy Police Chief Abdul Jalil Tatmadarah said the suicide bomber walked next to the supporters of Ikram in front of his house and detonated his suicide jacket.

He said the residents of Koz Kunar or Khewa district had held demonstration in support of Shaikh Ikram this morning. They gathered for Ikram after the end of demonstration when then blast happened.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the blast.

By Yousaf Zarifi

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*